Saturday, January 31, 2009

Food Journal 1/31/09

Weight: 180.3, gain of .3

Food Log:
Breakfast
- 1 c. Special K Red Berries cereal
- w/ 2/3 c. skim milk

Snack
- 1 c. popcorn
- 1 c. low-sugar lemonade

Lunch
- 2 c. leftover vegetable curry stew from last night
- w/ 1/2 c. brown rice
- 2 c. salad with romaine, tomatoes, artichokes, chickpeas, cucumbers, and light raspberry vinaigrette

Dinner
- 1 c. roasted vegetables
- 1/3 c. grilled Quorn (chicken substitute)
I topped this with some fresh parsley from my little plant!

Snack - I realized I still need more grain servings and hadn't eaten any fruit.
- 1 banana sliced on
- 1 slice wheat bread with
- 1 teaspoon reduced fat peanut butter

Exercise: 45 minutes, Tae Bo Funk (I was lent this DVD by a friend. This workout was insane and laughable, I suggest you check it out, if only for a laugh)

Water Intake: 8 cups (check!)

Recipe: Roasted Vegetables
This dish was really good and extremely easy, while still being healthy. I had leftover vegetables from the week which I just chopped up into bite sized pieces. I used potatoes, butternut squash, baby carrots, and zucchini. Next time I would go without the zucchini; it cooked faster than the other veggies and got too soft.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Chop assortment of veggies, your choice.
3. Coat pan with cooking spray and add veggies. (I used a glass 9x9 dish)
4. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon broth and season to taste. Stir. (I used a mixture of salt, pepper, parsley, and garlic powder)
5. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring veggies halfway through.

No comments:

Post a Comment