Friday, January 30, 2009

In the Beginning...

So I'm finally here. You don't know me yet, but you will. I write under the pseudonym Adele. So introductions first: Hi, I'm Adele, you're...____? Pleased to meet you. I'm 22 years old and have been struggling with my weight for four years. It's been four years since I moved out of my parents house and became an adult. I'm sure that's no coincidence. Apparently, my "adult" choices haven't been the best ones...but the past is the past and here I am. Aching for some accountability and self-discipline and hoping that journaling my weight, food consumption and exercise habits, along with the other more social aspects of my life, will keep me on track for once. At least I have you to answer to, right?

Let's start with the reasons I've created this site:
a) I've stayed up and thought about doing so countless nights.
b) I have a passion for food, cooking and baking and love reviewing and sharing recipes.
c) I have yet to reach the healthy weight goal I've set for myself, but have tried doing so with endless diets.
d) I caught myself looking at amazon.com today for a food journal and then realized I could have it all, live and in color, right here.
e) I'm pretty sure my Mom stole my old journals, so I know this one's safe from journal snatchers!

Just kidding on that last one...although I really do think she stole them...

Anyways, I guess that's it for introductions. I'll save my glorious stories of Christmas Past for another post.

-Adele

No comments:

Post a Comment