Monday, March 2, 2009

March is here!

And I can't believe it's here already. Next month is my cruise! I know my goal is attainable, I just have to stay on track. I'm actually about to search to see if the cruise line offers any exercise classes right now. =)
Update:
I found that the gym will be freely usable as well as free aerobic and "morning stretch" classes...awesome!

Weight:
170.4 (up .1)

Food Log:
Breakfast:
- 1 c. Special K Blueberry cereal
- 2/3 c. skim milk

Snack: (I made a little snack plate for the BF and I)
- 1/2 of a Luna Bar, Cookies N' Cream flavor
- a few slices of apple, 75 % ff cheese, blueberries, water crackers

Lunch:
- "bologna" sandwich (smartlife faux bologna, 2% american cheese, mustard, 1 t. lite mayo, on a light wheat bun)
- 1/2 c. easy maine pasta salad
- pineapple wedge (these are a cool new find from Sunkist, individually wrapped, 40 calories)
- diet black cherry soda



Recipe: I adapted this recipe from a friend of mine who's from Maine; she said in the summertime you can find this in every fridge up there. The original recipe also called for 1/2 a pepperoni stick diced. I obviously omit this for vegetarian reasons, but feel free to add it if you'd like. This recipe is VERY easily doubled and perfect for summer parties.



Easy Maine Pasta Salad
- 1 box tricolor rotini pasta (you can use whole wheat if you can find it)
- about 1/2 an english cucumber, diced
- 1/2 block of cheddar cheese (I used 75% reduced fat Cabot)
- 8 oz. (small) bottle of fat free italian dressing

1. Cook pasta according to package directions (firm). Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cool.
2. Add other three ingredients and mix. Let sit in the fridge for a few hours before eating for best results. Enjoy!

Dinner:
- Tuna Melt (tuna, lite mayo, carrots, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, 2% american cheese, grilled on light wheat bread)
-1/2 c. homemade baked potato wedges & ketchup
- 1 c. garlic broccoli

Snack: (Recipe coming later...)
- Death by Chocolate (frosting-free) Cupcake (108 calories)



Exercise:
- 30 Day Shred, Level 2 (oh dear lord!) w/ Jillian Michaels

Water Intake:
- 8 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment