Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Food Journal 2/10/09

As I sit here writing this to you, these are my reading materials that have kept me company since my surgery last Friday. Books are a girls best friend, especially cookbooks, and I don't care what anybody says.

Other than that, it's the same old for me. My mouth aches, so much that I'm beginning to think I may have an infection on the bottom left. I think the stitch came out of that one too early and it didn't close. My good friend from work reminded me to swish with warm salt water more. I haven't been doing it nearly enough as I should. So I'm going to do that after eating every time because I think food is getting stuck there and irritating it. Anyways...

Weight:
177.0 (it's really starting to annoy me that my weight is not going down!!)

Food Log:
Breakfast
- 1 packet Cream of Wheat, Maple Brown Sugar
- a couple bites ff strawberry yogurt

Snack:
- 8 oz. Lipton's Cup-a-Soup, Spring Vegetable

Lunch
- 1/2 c. homemade mashed potatoes, leftover
- 1 light string cheese

Snack:
- SoBe Lean, blackberry currant
- single serve cinnamon lite applesauce

Dinner
- 1 c. chicken pot pie (recipe below!)
- 1 tiny baked potato w/ ff sour cream, lf cheddar, 1 t. Bac'n Bits, Brummel & Brown spread

Exercise: I'm still not feeling up to exercising. I need to get back into a routine and soon!

Water Intake:
a lot, definitely at least my 8 cups.

Recipe:
Easy Chicken Pot Pie, adapted from Hungry Girl

- 8 oz. quorn (chicken substitute)
- 10 oz. frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can 98% ff cream of celery soup
- 1/2 tube reduced fat refrigerated crescent rolls (4 crescents)

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix first three ingredients and pour into pie dish.
3. Bake for 30 minutes.
4. Take the four crescents and roll out into a thin circle that will fit your pie plate. Top chicken mixture with it.
5. Bake for about 15 more minutes, until crust is golden.

Serves 4.



This really turned out delicious and couldn't be easier with 4 ingredients. For 1/4 of the pie, it is only about 250 calories. I almost forgot to get a picture of it and didn't until we had finished eating. The bf loved it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment