Thursday, February 5, 2009

Food Journal 2/4/09

First I just want to say that through the glory of what is my nutrition class, I've discovered the website www.mypyramid.gov. It is an awesome tool to see exactly what servings you need of each food group and what constitutes that serving. And, just pondering here, I thought that the food pyramid was a boring old fact sheet you learned in 4th grade. Apparently they've updated it and made it better; now you can even analyze your nutritional or exercise intake, along with customizing the food pyramid for your age, weight, height, and gender. Definitely worth checking out.

Weight: 179.2

Food Log:
Breakfast
- 1 c. Special K Red Berries cereal
- w/ 2/3 c. skim milk
- 1 small banana

Snack
- 1 small apple
- 1 light string cheese

Lunch
- Chicken Sandwich (whole wheat bread, Boca Spicy Chik'n Patty, ff american cheese, sweet onion, tomato, ketchup, honey mustard)
- 2 c. salad (cucumber, artichoke, chickpeas, onion, tomato, s & p, 1 t. evoo, 1/2 T. white vinegar)

Dinner - I ate this on a rush to get out the door for babysitting...
- 4 small potato pancakes
- 1/2 c. chunky tomato bisque soup

Snack - I admit my rush to get down dinner and not eating much definitely didn't help my late night snacking...
- 1/4 c. wheat thins
- 2 t. alouette cheese
- 1/2 c. natural blueberry applesause
- 1 ice cream sandwich


Exercise: 45 minutes The Firm calorie blaster step aerobics & sculpting (sooo hard!!)

Water Intake: 8 cups (check!)

No comments:

Post a Comment